Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Wonderful Paihia (Summer Learning Journey)

Wonderful things about my hometown

I live in Paihia & I love it here! Paihia is one of the most popular tourist destinations in all of New Zealand & it is great to be living in this amazing place!

Next to Paihia is Waitangi, This is where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed on Febuary 6th 1840. Waitangi is a place that my family and I go for a night time walk with our dog across the beautiful waterfront and it's amazing view out to Shark Rock & the ocean. 

Paihia's Village green is in the middle of the town facing the waterfront. Each year we have the It Bay of Islands food and wine festival, the Bay of Islands farmers market & the Jennian Homes Mother's Day Fun Run/Walk along with a lot of other stuff. Me and my family are going to the circus tonight which is held on the Village Green. I can't wait!

I love it in Paihia because it is not too big and I know so many people and I have so many friends who live close to me. even thought my friends are off to high school I know I will always be able to see them, and that's what I love about Paihia.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Jack,

    Welcome back! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. It is wonderful to see you have been busy with SLJ activities and I think you have done a terrific job at describing Paihia. I didn't realise the circus visited Paihia, that is very cool!

    What's the name of your dog? I have a dog called Tess. She's a border collie and is very smart but often gets distracted chasing fly's.

    Keep up the great work!
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Georgia
    My dogs name is Bindi and she occupies herself eating her teddy bear gremlon

    ReplyDelete