Pages

Friday, January 18, 2019

Acid Rain (Summer Learning Journey)

Acid Rain

When I walked out of my house after a giant acid rainstorm the first thing I saw was that all the trees had no leaves on them and all of the plants were shriveled up. I was really scared and annoyed because the world was changing. I went for a walk to the park and the grass was all mostly gone and the trees leaves had all fallen to the ground and they were shriveled up and you could see a big bird nest that you could not usually see. It was on the inside of the tree and you cannot see it when there are leaves on the tree. I went down to my favourite part of the beach because of all the Pohutokawa trees but you couldn't even notice that they were Pohutokawa's anymore. I saw my friend (A deep see diver) Fred and he said that he was just underwater and there were no marine plants on the bottom of the ocean. He said that it was all to do with the acid rainstorm from the last 3 days. 

This is what happens when there is an acid rainstorm so I would really hate to be in the middle of one.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jack,
    I am Vitaraag. I really like your description. I have one question. It is that since it was raining acid can't you not go in the water because it was acid? Maybe next time you could say what happened to the gardens. Keep up the amazing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jack,

    You have done a great job describing the how acid rain has had a negative effect on the environment. It would be very sad if there was acid rain here in New Zealand because it would ruin our beautiful landscape. Is writing one of your favourite subjects at school? I really enjoy teaching writing in my own classroom because it allows everyone to be creative.
    How are your holidays going?

    Dani

    ReplyDelete