Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Tāne Mahuta (Summer Learning Journey)

I was very lucky to go and see Tāne Mahuta with my dad and trust me it was an amazing expereince, So one day I would like to go back and visit Tāne Mahuta with my mum because she has never been there before. Unfortunetly Tāne Mahuta has a disease called Kauri Die back. Kauri Die back is a disease that slowly kills off the nutrience in the tree and without the nutrience the tree will die (But Tāne Mahuta is putting up a great fight). I really hope it does not die because it is a great atraction to go and look at.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,

    That is awesome that you have seen the Tane Mahuta with your Dad! I sure do hope you Mum gets a chance to see it soon, especially with the risk of the Kauri dieback disease now looming. I went to visit the big Tane Mahuta with my family a few years back. I thought it was silly initially that we drove so far to look at a tree, however, when I got there I understood why it was such a special place/thing. What did you think when you saw the Tane Mahuta?

    Ka pai on another wonderful activity Jack.
    Nga mihi, Georgia :-)

    ReplyDelete