Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Overfishing (Summer Learning Journey)

Overfishing
I think that the $100 000 fine for fishing in restricted areas is fare because if you fish in a restricted area then you are just ruining the ecosystem because if all the fish are taken then you are just asking for situations like a kina barren to happen, A kina barren is when lots of kina start popping up because there are no fish to eat the kina and it messes up the ecosystem.
I think this is bad because fish are the main animals of the marine ecosystem so when you are overfishing you are actually eating a lot of fish because the small fish eats the kelp, the bigger fish eats the little fish, the huge fish eats the big fish and the biggest fish eats the huge fish.


The fishing website

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jack,

    You have done an awesome job explaining your opinion and explaining what a kina barren is. I had no idea about what a kinda barren is or what caused it. Here in New Zealand we have the daily fishing limits and the minimum sizes limits for anyone who wants to go fishing in legal areas. These limits exist so that fish have a chance to breed and grow to become adult fish. If people were to get as many fish as they wanted we may not have any fish left! Do you go fishing at all? I haven’t been fishing for a long time but when I stayed with some of my friends at their bach in Sandspit we went fishing and had freshly caught snapper for dinner, it was very delicious!

    Keep up the great work!

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jack,
    I am Vitaraag. You have put so much effort into this blog post. I am Looking forward to seeing more of your blog posts. Do you eat fish? I don't like it but I can. Maybe next time you can say what you think about banning fishing. I think that hey shouldn't be charged 1000000 they should be charged 10000. Do you think fishing should be allowed? Keep up the phenomenal work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete