Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Alpine Tundra (Summer Learning Journey)

8 Minecraft Road
Blocky Falls
Overworld

Tuesday January 8th

Dear Mum

I just came back from the Tundra and it was spectacular! The Tundra is located at the top of the world near the North Pole and is a giant, flat, treeless Arctic region of North America in which the ground is permanently frozen.

While I was there I saw a Reindeer, an Arctic fox, an Arctic hare, a snowy owl & an Arctic ground squirrel. I asked the tour guide what kind of plants were there and he said there was lots of moss and really short shrubs everywhere but no trees, I don't even know how we were breathing there when they had no trees to create the oxygen!

Because it was summer there we had such long days, the sun was up for 24 hours and the nights were annoying because I didn't really have a comfortable bed.

Anyway I cannot wait to see you next week.

Love Jack.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jack,

    Wow, what a great letter! It sounds like you had a fantastic time on your imaginary trip to the tundra. Do you think you'd like to visit the tundra for real one day?

    I can see that you've included an address on your letter, and while that would be super important if you were posting the letter, it's important to be careful with your personal information when you're posting online. Could you please edit your post and use a made up address e.g. 123 Chocolate Road (sounds like a pretty sweet place to live)!

    Keep up the awesome work Jack, and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geaorgia. I have now finished this

      Delete
    2. Awesome Jack! Your new address sounds great.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Jack my name is Tamarah I am also a participant in the SLJ. This is a very cool letter that you have written. It seems like you had a spectacular holiday in Tundra. It's cool how you described your stay and the things you saw. What a good produced piece of work.

    Keep up the good mahi
    Tamarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Jack,

    My name is Hinerangi, I go to Pt England School and I am currently a year 7, NOW soon to becoming a year 8 once school begins. I am now blog commenting as I have completed all the activities of the SLJ. I've decided to comment on your blog as I've heard that you are an amazing blogger so here I am. Your post about your visit to Tundra sounds so awesome. I bet your Mum is missing you so very much, How did she feel about you leaving? (probably nothing because you are pretending).

    Overall incredible work Jack, hope to see more blogging from you soon. Keep up the great work.

    Bye,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hinerangi
      Thankyou for commenting on my blog! I did not even know that I am an amazing blogger!!
      Thankyou so so much!
      Jack

      Delete