Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Barn Owl (Summer Learning Journey)

The Barn Owl
The Barn owl has a flat face and its face looks like the shape of a heart. It has a caramel and grayish-brownish color on its wings, the rest of its body is pitch white

I found out that Barn owls live in every continent apart from Antarctica. They like to mostly live in rough grassland as to make it easier to find their prey (This is why they do not live in Antarctica).

The Barn owl normally eats rats, mice & small frogs, it goes hunting for these and then brings it back to its home to eat.

I chose the Barn owl because I have always wanted an owl and I think it would be really cool having one to deliver letters.

Barn owl looking forwards with landscape and sky behind

Getty Images

4 comments:

  1. "I chose the Barn owl because I have always wanted an owl and I think it would be really cool having one to deliver letters."

    Like in Harry Potter
    - Quinn, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Hannah and I am a student in Canada I am 15 years old and in school I also have to work on not distracting others and to try not to get distracted. I totally understand what you are going through. I think that barn owls are so beautiful this is an amazing project good job very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Hannah and I am a student in Canada I am 15 years old and in school I also have to work on not distracting others and to try not to get distracted. I totally understand what you are going through. I think that barn owls are so beautiful this is an amazing project good job very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Kia Ora Jack,

    Well done on creating another interesting post. I didn’t realise how sharp a Barn Owl’s claws are, I guess it’s all the better to catch its prey with! I think it would be awesome to get your mail delivered by owls instead of the mailman especially if the owl delivered it right to my house, as I always forget to check my mailbox. Do you have Barn Owls here in New Zealand? I know we have Moreporks but they are a different type of owl, I believe.

    It’s awesome to see comments from Canadian students on your blog, you are very lucky!

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani


    ReplyDelete